About the job
Our stack is primarily based on Python, Postgres, ElasticSearch - all running on Heroku. We prioritize performance, scalability and fast-paced development of new features. More than anything, we look for developers with strong coding and algorithms fundamentals, a reputation for excellence, and a love for software development. Some of the challenges you will be taking on are:
- Developing and improving features for our users - Your will be working on features and functionally that will directly impact more than a million monthly users.
- Improving the search engine and search results - We have 3.5 million images and plenty of meta data on top of that. We are currently exploring the possibilities of image recognition and other aspects of machine learning to improve search results.
- Developing our e-commerce platform - We have tens of thousands of paying customers that expect transactions to run smoothly. A couple of examples could to automate fraud detection or integrate with a payment provider API such as Stripe’s.
- Working on infrastructure improvements - We are currently building the Iconfinder marketplace on top of Heroku and are constantly improving various aspects of the infrastructure. We strive to be able to deploy new features quickly while at the same time have fast response time and high up-time.
We care about code quality and performance, tests, and proper documentation. The years of experience or any specific programming language are less important than your approach to development.
You are the right candidate if you:
- Are capable of building something from scratch and seeing it through.
- Have a structured approach to problem-solving
- Have a keen eye for good product design from a development perspective
- Are passionate about for shipping new products and feature
- Have good English skills
On the technical side of things, we are looking for someone that has experience with the following technologies:
- Python (preferably also Django)
- Relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- ElasticSearch (nice to have)
- Redis (nice to have)
- Heroku (or similar)
Even if you don’t have experience with the tech-stack above, we would still like to hear from you. We are not afraid to challenge the choice of technology in order to pick the right tools for the job and be productive.
Pay and benefits
- We offer a competitive salary and care about healthy work/life balance.
- You will join a small but international team with people from Denmark, Lithuania, Bulgaria, Romania, Germany, and Ukraine. We speak English internally and embrace our cultural differences.
- Remote work is possible, but we are building the development team centered in Copenhagen, so your workplace will be at the Iconfinder office.
- Modern office overlooking the Christiansborg Palace
- Our office is part of the Matrikel1 co-working community for creators, with entrepreneurial vibes, networking opportunities, and events.
- You will get a computer of choice, smartphone of choice and phone subscription.
- There is free lunch prepared by chefs at the Matrikel1 café.
- Maternity/paternity leave