Donkey Republic is expanding its fast-growing company and is seeking a talented individual for the Business Development team to join the family and help build our groundbreaking bike service. We are 8,000+ bicycles large, serving 300,000+ customers this year in 10 large and another 50 smaller cities in Europe.
These are exciting times for Donkey Republic as we are maturing our bike sharing services and growing our business every day. We are making a great dent in the universe by growing Europeans’ bike-print. We demonstrate how bike shares can play a major role in urban mobility. We are bringing Copenhagen to the world city by city - a great purpose to come to work every day.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join us and one who believes success comes from working together well as a team, therefore you need to be a team player and thrive in an environment where we work towards shared goals.
You will be joining a small business team and working closely with our Chief Sales Officer to build our partner and affiliate portfolio. Your main tasks will be identifying and contacting prospects suited to be affiliate partners to get more local riders on our bikes (typically banks, mobility services, residences etc.) as well as making partnerships for the tourism sector (typically hotels, tours, visitor centers, airlines etc.).
You will also be working to promote Donkey Republic in the European agenda, this is through impacting regulatory work and public affairs. Finally we also also have a number of inbound leads which you will be engaging with to become ready to start a Donkey Republic operation.
Together with the team you will be in charge of ensuring we hit our growth targets in terms of new affiliates, customers and revenue generated through affiliate partnerships. You will also be in charge of securing our voice is listened to in regulatory debates across your focus markets. The job will entail traveling to various cities in Europe such as Berlin and Munich.
We expect you to:
- Be structured and organised.
- A strong communicator, written as well as oral.
- Be good at building relationships and trust.
- Be a team player.
- Love to interact with other people.
- Have an understanding of business fundamentals (either from school or previous work experience).
- Be value driven.
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Be fluent in German (written and spoken).
We would also like you to:
- Be interested in and have experience in Sales.
- Have experience with large corporates.
- Have worked with startups before.
- Want to change the world with bikes.
- Have business development experience.
- Posses an international understanding.
- Fluency in any of the following languages is a plus: Danish and Dutch.
What we can offer:
- Diversity! No two days will be the same and you will get valuable experience, taking responsibility and pushing your career to the next level.
- Diversity x2! The Donkey Squad contains a very tight group of talented people to learn from in marketing, technology, business development, customer support and operations, with 14 different nationalities.
- Be part of our growth. We’re investor-backed and expanding our business fast.
- A vibrant office in Startup Village in Islands Brygge
- Company lunch, Friday bars, team adventures (on bikes), company retreat twice yearly.
Start date: The position is available to be filled ASAP