As TechBBQ’s new Communication & PR Manager, you will become part of the management team working closely together with our Head of PR & Communication focusing on various communication activities, developing concept for and writing articles for our blog, creating newsletters, and help with content and management of our social media channels to further the promotion of the event.
Your tasks will include:
- Develop and maintain Communication & PR strategy in collaboration with the Head of PR & Communication
- Write & pitch relevant articles promoting the entrepreneurial community and TechBBQ.
- Produce content for TechBBQ Blog
- Produce general communication content for external communication
- Maintain mailing lists and newsletter
We’re looking for someone who...
- Has experience within / or passion for writing and creating content (essential)
- Is fluent in English (if you also speak Danish it is a plus)
- Can write both formal and informal (essential)
- Has great ideas to promote a tech event nationally and internationally
- Can keep the overview while focusing on smaller details
- Can keep their cool in a hectic environment
In return, we offer:
- A network of ambitious people, influencers, entrepreneurs and industry leaders.
- A steep learning curve and the chance to turn theory into practice.
- The chance to help impact entrepreneurship in Denmark and the Nordics through a large scale flagship event
- Becoming a part of a diverse and young team - with Danish, Italian, British and many other nationalities.
- Plenty of fun memories and experiences
- Responsibility with interesting challenges and a steep learning curve
- Being part of an international, young and driven team with different backgrounds and perspectives on entrepreneurship, tech, innovation and event management
We are flexible in regards to weekly hours, but we prefer someone who could be here full time and no less than at least 20 hours a week.
We would prefer an internship where you are able to be part of the organisation until TechBBQ has taken place 18-19th September 2019, but we are flexible in this regard.
About the organisation
TechBBQ is the largest and oldest tech entrepreneurship event with almost 6 years under the belt, going from a beta conference at the Copenhagen Stock Exchange in 2013 to 6500 guests at Øksnehallen this year. We aim to further tech entrepreneurship and innovation in Denmark as well as get Denmark and the Nordics on the map as an important European innovations hub. We are the annual event where everyone from the environment meets, celebrate the successes, learn from the failures, nurse established a network and make new ones. Every strong entrepreneurial hub has its flagship event - and TechBBQ is ours.
For further information about the position please contact:
Perks and benefits
This job comes with several perks and benefits
Flexible working hours
Time is precious. Make it count. Morning person or night owl, this job is for you.
Free coffee / tea
Get your caffeine fix to get you started and keep you going.
Near public transit
Easy access and treehugger friendly workplace.
Social gatherings and games; hang out with your colleagues.
Free friday beers
Friday is something special, let's enjoy a beer together.