Product: Path Feel is an insole that provides vibrational feedback to the soles of people at risk of falls, such as those with peripheral neuropathy, who are unable to feel the ground properly due to a sensory deficit, or those with general balance issues. By amplifying the sense of touch of the feet to the ground, users are able to identify accurately when their feet touch the ground, thereby reducing the sense of imbalance as well as incidence of falls.
Key responsibilities and required skills:
- Data gathering of data set
- Characterization of gait
- Data set definition
- Machine Learning
- Gait parameters definition
- Embedded firmware programming
- Electronics engineering
- User research and testing of products or concepts (optional)
- desk research and implementation of algorithms to estimate gait parameters on someone walking in a non-control environment. That work will be based on our previous research and work (Neural Network for speed).
- validation of those algorithms within a Gait Lab ideally
- comparison of those gait parameters between healthy and different groups of non healthy individuals
- design of a strategy and first implementation of algorithms to detect or even predict events like falls, gait change.