As a new TechBBQ Team Leader, you will actively help plan and deliver aspects of TechBBQ 2019. Your involvement will increase as we get closer to the event and you will be needed on site for the full event days (18 and 19 September).
Your tasks will include:
- Leading and supporting a group of volunteers assigned to a specific area/task at the event
- Assisting the Event Manager and Head of Events with venue planning and ad hoc tasks in the lead up to the event
- Setting team goals and delegating responsibilities prior to the event
- Helping plan the showcasing area
- Have an overview of the designated area & responsibilities
- Help the other teams - we’re in this together!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has previous event experience
- Is empathic, sympathetic and charismatic
- Can handle a high level of work pressure and can perform multiple tasks with a smile on your face
- Has an interest in events, tech, innovation, or entrepreneurship
- Structured and organized, but still understand the ever-changing nature of event coordination
- Has experience in managing people
- Fluent in English speech and writing
In return, we will offer:
- The chance to be part of a tight-knit team coming together to create something awesome
- Hands on experience and responsibility in delivering a major Scandinavian tech startup summit
- A great platform to build networking and professional opportunities
- Being part of an international, young and driven team with different backgrounds and perspectives on entrepreneurship, tech, innovation and event management
- And of course, lots of fun – we will be having team building activities, monthly Friday bars, and throwing an after party.
It's a voluntary position that will commence from 28 June. We expect you to be part of the team up until the event in September. Contact time will be flexible (approx. 10 hrs/per week) but will increase the closer we get to the event (especially the week of the event).
So if this looks like a good fit for you, we would love to hear from you! Please send your application to us via The Hub