Event Coordinator Apprentice
SingularityU Nordic is a sister organisation to Singularity University in Silicon Valley who inspires and trains organizations to leverage exponential technologies to solve the global grand challenges. We are thrilled to announce that we are looking for dedicated, driven, self-starting individuals that have a passion for events, attention to detail and thrive working under tight deadlines and collaborating with multiple stakeholders to facilitate and execute a seamless event experience. The Event Coordinator Apprentice reports to our Director of Events and Community Events.
You need to be taking an education as an event coordinator apprentice or would like to start an education as one. This usually means that you would sign on for a 2 year apprenticeship, of which you are expected to go to school for 20 weeks (or less), depending on the modules you are expected to take.
We are not currently accepting applicants who are not going to be enrolled in the education as an event coordinator.
If this sounds like you, please take a read below of what the job description is and click on “Apply Now” - we look forward to hopefully having you join our ever expanding and exponential team at the campus!
About the job:
As an event coordinator apprentice, your tasks will include:
- Support (in time, you are expected to lead) the events we host at our SingularityU Nordic campus. This includes ensuring a finished and perfect setup and reset of all of our dedicated event spaces, coordinating and booking in resources with our multiple stakeholders in the team (fx: Programs, Kitchen, Facilities, Executive Support Teams) and being a service host throughout the event to ensure it runs smoothly
- Responding to event enquiries over emails, calls or in-person and selling venue and catering packages to our external clients and partners
- Work with our external and internal clients to identify their needs and ensure
- Together with the team, you will help to plan and execute seasonal community events for the community of startups that we have in our co-working space
- Assist with producing and sending out invoices for events, and ensuring we receive the correct information from the client in order to bill them
- Passionate about planning and executing events and is both able to work independently on projects as well as in a team
- Someone who loves creating structure and processes and repeating them for each and every event
- Comfortable with waking up early and being the first person at an event to staying late and being the last person to turn off the lights
- Dedicated to creating the perfect experience and “finding the dead plant” (i.e you are incredibly detail oriented and are great at finding ways to make an otherwise boring experience amazing and also finding the little details that don’t make it great and fixing it)
- Someone who enjoys working and creating in an environment where we always strive to hit that last 1% to make every event an incredible and memorable experience
- Fluent in speaking English (our team is international, so this is the most common language we would use in an everyday setting)
- a job where you will work with Scandinavia’s leading-edge companies at the highest level.
- the possibility of being a key part in building a world-class institution that has one of the strongest brands in the world on tech, education, innovation and impact.
- a work environment where the ambition truly is to make a positive impact in the world.
- a fast-paced, extremely ambitious and quality focused work environment where you will work hard, learn fast and have a lot of fun.
- an international environment full of leading corporates, coolest startups and world class experts - perfect for building an even stronger personal international network.
- the chance to be a part of a super diverse team representing 10 different nationalities and ages 16-60
- perks such as gourmet brain food lunch, awesome coffee, access to our fitness center, a café with rooftop terrace and access to cool events.
- that only your own ambitions stand in the way of your growth potential at SingularityU Nordic.
- More about SingularityU Nordic
SingularityU Nordic is a proud partner to Singularity University (“SU”) in Silicon Valley - a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle humanity’s biggest challenges and build an abundant future for all.
You can learn more about us on the SingularityU Nordic website. You can also read about us in various media here.
SingularityU Nordic is a B-corp
SingularityU Nordic is one of the few certified Benefit Corporations in the Nordics meaning we combine a for-profit business structure with social responsibility to best innovate and scale our impact. We make an effort to make sustainable choices, we thrive in diversity and we encourage a proactive approach to taking initiatives that improve the lives and experiences of our startups, partners, program participants, community and society as a whole.
We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Therefore we encourage anyone with a passion to create positive impact and see their qualifications, ambitions, and values reflected in the job descriptions to apply - regardless of e.g. religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age or disabilities.
As a member of our team, you will have access to mind expanding events, work with some of the best experts in the world and hang out with entrepreneurs on a quest to solve humanity’s biggest challenges. With your mindset and actions you will represent a value based and strong brand and be part of a small team with big ambitions. We support each other to grow and we proactively take action to always provide the best, transformational experiences for anyone we work with.
Apply for this position:
Please apply for the position here and also here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TK5V2WD
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
You can also reach out to Nicolette at email@example.com with questions regarding the position.