We aim to further tech entrepreneurship and innovation in Denmark as well as get Denmark and the Nordics on the map as an important European innovations hub. We are the annual event where everyone from the tech ecosystem meets, celebrate the successes, learn from the failures, nurture our network and strengthen our community. Every strong entrepreneurial hub has its flagship event - and TechBBQ is ours.
As Event Manager, you will be an integral part of the event and management team guiding TechBBQ 2019 to success and have contact with a lot of different people - from industry leaders and entrepreneurs to investors and volunteers. You will work closely with the CxO, COO, Head of Event and different managers, so it’s important you can navigate in an environment with many stakeholders.
As Event Manager, your tasks will entail:
- Assist the Head of Events on a day-to-day basis
- Liaise with suppliers, exhibitors, and sponsors
- Help in the planning and design of the showcasing area
- Help generate production plans for the entire event portfolio
- Research and set up relevant partnerships and collaborations
- Coordination of specific areas in the showcasing
- Coordinate and lead volunteers during the preparation and execution of the event
- Coordination of side projects, workshops, dinners etc.
We are looking for someone, who...
- Has experience with project/event management (desired)
- Is empathic, sympathetic and charismatic
- Can handle a high level of work pressure (essential)
- Has experience in people management and networking (desired)
- Is structured and can build a framework for a large scale project
- Can keep an overview and still focus on details
- Has an interest in or passion for tech, innovation, entrepreneurship and events
- Hard worker and have a positive can-do attitude
- Full of initiative and can work independently as well as in teams
- Structured, but still understand the organic and ever-changing nature of event coordination
- Fluent in English, speech and writing (essential)
- Fluent in Danish, speech and writing (desired, but not essential)
In return, we offer:
- A network of ambitious people, influencers, entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- The chance to help impact entrepreneurship in Denmark and the Nordics through a large scale flagship event
- Plenty of fun memories and experiences
- Responsibility with interesting challenges and a steep learning curve
- Being part of an international, young and driven team with different backgrounds and perspectives on entrepreneurship, tech, innovation and event management
This is a volunteer/internship position with primary work hours Monday to Friday 9-17 at our office in Copenhagen. The closer we get to the event, the more hours you are required to put in and also working at least the weekend up to the event.