You will pair up with our talented lead backend developer and the rest of our tech team to design and implement the backbone of our future bike service. Every feature delivered is of immediate use for our partners and riders.
Our codebase is already well structured, clean and highly tested and we expect you to be excited about continuing this mindset. As we are in a phase of fast growth, scalability is becoming an ever more important factor in every feature that we build.
We expect that you have at least some years of experience with backend work in Ruby-on-Rails and having some experience with Fullstack work is also a plus. In addition, we also care a lot about how you fit in the team.
Besides that: Here’s the usual list:
We expect you to:
- Know your way around Ruby on Rails and backend architecture.
- Understand REST and best practices for web services.
- Write methodical, maintainable code
- Have experience with testing and continuous delivery.
- Have some experience with scaling a service.
- Have experience with Git or other VCS tools.
- Be fluent in English.
- Want to change the world with bikes.
What we can offer:
- Ambitious, investor backed startup in Copenhagen.
- High degree of flexibility and freedom in your workday.
- Working with a cool product.
- Cool surroundings in central Copenhagen.
- A great salary and options.
- A company with strong data driven decision making.
- Changing the world with bikes.
- Relocation & working permit help if needed.
- Great team that hangs out and goes on retreats multiple times a year.
Our tech stack currently consists of the follow technologies:
- Rails 4, Ruby 2.2, Postgres, RSpec, Code Climate for linters and code coverage, Heroku, Circle CI, ReactJS (JSX), Coffeescript, Sass, ERB
Donkey Republic is a bike share service set out to revolutionize the way we transport ourselves. Our in-house developed smart-lock is operated through the users smartphones which provides us the flexibility required to change the way bike sharing works. We already have a fleet of bikes operating on the streets of Copenhagen as well as other countries around the world. See more on: www.donkey.bike
Our office space is in Startup Village, which is the main startup hub in central Copenhagen.