We are looking for an experienced iOS developer
Donkey Republic is running a rapidly growing bike rental service in more than 60 towns across Europe. Our bike service is build on a mobile only approach where the entire experience is brought through our native iOS and Android apps. We work hard to create the best user experience - a mix of intuitive UX/UI - while taking on the challenge of working with Bluetooth Low Energy and GPS connectivity and some users being offline. A big part of our success also comes from the apps ability to explain the customers how the system works as the bike sharing market right now is scattered with many models and approaches.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you: a skilled iOS developer who would like to join our team in Copenhagen.
What your job will be
You will team up with our skilled product team which today comprise an iOS lead, an Android lead, a backend developer, a head of design and a CTO. We work closely together in the group to ship features fast, but each developer has a high degree of freedom in bringing their own solutions to the table. You and the lead iOS developer are solely responsible for bringing the iOS app to the market and ensuring a high quality through code reviews, good testing and close monitoring.
You will implement features and bug fixes, perform A/B tests and participate in design workshops on equal foot with the rest of the group.
Who you are
We expect you to have at least a few years of experience. You should be self-driven enough to take responsibility for the app, while also caring about the overall performance of the team.
- Have experience with developing apps integrated with a backend through a RESTful API.
- Have a good knowledge of basic concepts like ViewControllers, MVC, Delegate pattern and how to test apps.
- Have experience with source control, preferably Git
- Have tried to do a simple animation or two.
- Have a good approach to programming where good solid best practice patterns are applied, while having a pragmatic MVP approach to development.
All this said, we mainly care about the attitude that you bring to the team, which should be about getting the team to perform the best while having fun going to work everyday.
It would be super nice if you:
- Have some knowledge about Functional Programming (Map, Flatmap, Reduce, Futures, Result) as a lot of our codebase are build up around RxSwift.
- Have some experience with Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Have worked in a startup before.
- Love bikes - we surely do!
What we offer
A spot in the team of an inspiring international startup, currently growing at a pace that not even we can fully grasp. A job where achieving our vision is as important as creating a bright future for each team member - which is why a large pool of the company's stocks are set aside for employees.
We enjoy mindful risk-taking, experimenting with features, getting things done fast and seeing the results of our daily work out there in the real world, where we ultimately help people move easier and explore better - on two wheels.
We also offer a flexible work schedule, a collective of people that have lots of fun together, and a really cool office in Startup Village.
Oh yeah, and here's some of our technical stack:
- Swift 4.1
- Reactive Programming (RxSwift)
- And a lot more
So, what are you waiting for?
The Donkey Squad