Who we are looking for:
• We are looking for a leader who is able to manage and understand every aspect of the facility. This is a role which requires leading from the front line, not hidden in an office.
• You are a problem solver and an entrepreneur. You can break complex problems into components and tackle them effectively.
• You can think strategically and execute methodically. You have experience managing a team in a customer facing and fast-paced environment. You are comfortable in following guidelines and process, as much as you are comfortable in drafting and creating them.
• You have experience organising work for different types of stakeholders (e.g. employees, suppliers, volunteers). You represent the company in local professional meetings and you can leverage the company and your network to hit targets, negotiate partnership and grow the business.
• You must understand and be able to work proficiently with numbers. You are highly analytical and structured and have experience with management and communication tools for controlling, analysing and reporting performance metrics (e.g. sales, EBITDA, customer acquisition cost, average contribution). You are able to set KPIs for yourself and the rest of the team, and report to other stakeholders.
• You have experience in organising events and promoting brand awareness in ways that go beyond social media or traditional marketing. You are able to transmit to the team and customers the brand identity. You implement suitable marketing measures, recruit corporate clients and promote local initiatives in consultation with the HQ team.
What we’d like:
• You have a degree in a technical / numerical field (including business / engineer / mathematics / finance / administration / management or similar), or a comparable professional background. If not, you have to have at least 4 years’ experience in management or business administration role.
• Your passion is managing a business, leading a team, analysing data and financial performance.
• You are proficient in MS Excel and you enjoy working with it.
• You are interested in sport, climbing and lifestyle initiatives.
• Ideally, you have a basic understanding of accounting.
• Ideally, you have already successfully managed a customer-facing business and/or helped to set up one.
Expected tasks and capabilities :
• Management of payrolling, staff and route setting scheduling, including recruiting, staff growth and training. Team mentoring and chairing / coordinating regular performance review meeting.
• Development and planning of events including marketing initiatives in line with brand guidelines and budget.
• Coordination of existing supplier contracts and inventory management, as well as negotiation and sourcing of new contracts to optimize profitability.
• Support on financials and KPI. Ownership of P&L performance and support / implementation of companywide reporting standards.
• Spending time with the community, customers and staff to understand needs and feedback from different stakeholders.
• Be a guide to the local team in time of needs and support front desk at peak time, large scale events, new staff training.
What we can offer:
• Dynamic / inspiring work environment in a growing industry .
• Attractive compensation and a bonus scheme based on the individual and facility’s performance.
• Career growth based on individual performance and business expansion.
• Free membership for employees and one designated family member or friend.
• 50% discount on all purchases in the bar and shop.
• Company and individual specific training programme.
• Company trips and holiday perks.
If this job description applies to you, we would like to get to know you. We would like to receive your application with the following info:
• CV (maximum 1 page)
• Four (4) bullets point explaining succinctly 1) why you like the role, 2) how did you end up where you are right now (current job / situation) 3) why you think you can succeed in this role 4) something that scares you or you might not like in this role.
We look forward to receiving your application via The Hub. If you have any questions, please reach out the e-mail: email@example.com stating “General Manager Role: Last Name, First Name” as email subject.