We are looking for a Head of Marketing to own all marketing activities for TechBBQ 2019 and make sure we hit our targets - both for tickets and general attendance. This is a great opportunity for a versatile digital marketer to get a big amount of responsibility with own team, own budget and a high level of freedom to get to where we need to go the way you see fit.
What you'll be doing:
- Owning and propelling ticket sales and general attendance
- Responsible for all marketing efforts at TechBBQ
- Attracting traffic and conversions to the website - through both content & social media marketing
- Crafting compelling messaging and customer journeys that converts through both social media, newsletter and other channels
- Optimising existing and creating new marketing and communication channels
- Coordinating with our external marketing agency when we scale up Facebook advertising
- Communicating and attracting startups, talents and more to apply for different opportunities at TechBBQ
- Define and improve our market messages and value propositions.
- Recruiting and supervising a small team of interns and volunteers
- We're a small, focused team so it's all hands on deck, so you'll also be doing ad hoc support for others - as they will for you
Need to have:
- Native Danish speaker, fluent in English
- 1-3+ years of experience with digital marketing - preferably from a startup or community organisation
- Be analytical, structured and committed to a metrics-driven approach.
- Understanding of and network within the startup ecosystem in Denmark (potentially also the Nordics/Europe)
- An experimental growth mindset, always looking for new ways to improve
- Experience with digital marketing tools; analytics, email marketing, Facebook ads, SEM and general social media
Nice to have:
- Understanding of the investor ecosystem and landscape in the Nordics and Europe
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and other technical frontend frameworks
- Experience with marketing automation or email marketing.
- Documented high performer with clear goal setting strategies and achievements
- You have proven experience with growth and effective marketing plans.
In return, we offer:
- A fantastic network of talented people, influencers, entrepreneurs and global brands.
- A steep learning curve and the chance to turn theory into practice.
- The chance to shape entrepreneurship in Denmark and the Nordics through a large scale flagship event
- Becoming a part of a diverse and young team - with Danish, Italian, British and many other nationalities.
- Plenty of fun memories and experiences
Our current tech stack:
- Facebook Ads Manager (testing out LinkedIn)
- MailChimp (possibly migrating to ActiveCampaign)
- Webflow (CMS & Website)
- Segment & Zapier
- Google Analytics & Facebook Analytics
- Tito (ticketing/registration platform)
- Grip (networking/matchmaking platform)
- Boomset (check-in platform)
Starting date: April 1 or as soon as possible
TechBBQ is the largest and oldest tech entrepreneurship event with almost 6 years under the belt, going from a beta conference at the Copenhagen Stock Exchange in 2013 to 6500 guests at Øksnehallen this year. We aim to further tech entrepreneurship and innovation in Denmark as well as get Denmark and the Nordics on the map as an important European innovation hub. We are the annual event where everyone from the environment meets, celebrate the successes, learn from the failures, nurse established a network and make new ones. Every strong entrepreneurial hub has its flagship event - and TechBBQ is ours.
For further information abut the position please contact
René Munk, COO