You will be our first hire, and you’ll play a key role in our success. Finding the right fit to join our highly ambitious and hard-working team is therefore our top priority. We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. On top of that, if you get excited by the prospect of working with us long-term, if you don’t mind physical work and getting your hands dirty (literally) and if you get excited about taking ownership of the heart of GRIM, then you should drop us a line!
About the role:
As the Head of Operations, you will be building a scalable, cost-efficient operations model for GRIM. This is an exciting time to join the team because you will play a huge part in shaping this operation and building a blueprint for new processes. This includes all aspects of the production and ensuring successful delivery of the GRIM produce from our warehouse to B2C and B2B customers. This role also includes customer account management and continuous tracking of KPIs, so you should dig those Excel sheets.
You will be responsible for keeping our produce quality high while keeping costs down and fostering a strong culture and high morale among your ops team.
Specifically, areas and tasks include:
Sorting, packing and delivery operations
- Maximise efficiency of packing and delivering high quality fruits and vegetables, at the optimum cost, in order to meet GRIM’s business objectives.
- Implement the GRIM quality control standards for all the produce that is received and prepared for packing.
- Manage the partnership with our logistics partner, with continuous feedback and improvement.
- Make sure the warehouse is clean and ready for operation, and equipment and materials stocked up.
- Own all aspects of the operation and work with your team to ensure that weekly targets are met.
Customer accounts and administration
- Create and export the weekly customer order list from the web shop system on Sundays.
- Insert the order list information to our delivery partner’s format and send it to them according to agreed deadline on Sundays.
- Take care of any required changes to the delivery list and communicate this with the logistics partner.
- Create and send out delivery notes and invoices to B2B customers.
- Respond to customer inquiries via phone, email, and chat in a fast-paced and friendly manner.
Short- and long-term planning
- Coordinate with management team to ensure that operations can keep pace with growing demand while maintaining our high quality standards.
- Forecast the needs for new equipment, space and other operational aspects in both short and long term.
- Oversee and maximise existing physical infrastructure for daily production activities.
- Build the core ops team from scratch
- Maintain and grow GRIM’s base of committed volunteers. GRIM’s operations are to date entirely volunteer-run, with a network of 100+ dedicated people.
- Volunteer scheduling: make sure we have the correct amount of volunteers for preparation and packing days.
- On the production day, oversee the operations team and volunteers to achieve our KPI’s around quality, production, inventory accuracy, and delivery accuracy.
- Track and report the team’s performance on key KPIs.
- Take ownership of these goals and take pride in continually improving them over time.
- Use the customer feedback to ensure accountability, learning, and immediate fixing of issues.
- Create and/or implement processes and tools that increase efficiency.
- Develop and implement a plan to comply with food safety and hygiene regulations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet and keep a cool head in stressful situations (A.K.A. a mental juggler). We can’t highlight this enough!
- Minimum 1 year’s experience in a managerial role.
- Experience in the fresh produce / food industry / logistics / operations.
- Mastery of process optimisation.
- Understanding of all part of food business – purchasing, operations, marketing and sales.
- Experience managing a nimble, fast-growing team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Fluency in Danish is also preferred.
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail and flaws.
- Excels at independent, unsupervised work.
- Keep calm and in good spirits during stressful workdays
- Passionate about our mission to fight food waste!
Details of Position
- This position reports to the CEO & CMO.
- This is a full time position, but availability on Tuesdays and Sundays is required. We will agree on the days off accordingly.
- Salary commensurate with experience and skills and is subject to negotiation.
How to apply
Apply via The Hub with your CV and LinkedIn profile and a short (1 minute) video of yourself, answering the following questions:
1) Why do you want to work with us?
2) What vegetable or fruit do you identify most with, and why?
Looking forward to meet you and your veggie alias.