Do you love working with people and making the best possible work environment for your teammates while keeping an eye on available resources within the team and in the days up to and during a large scale event?
TechBBQ is the largest and oldest tech entrepreneurship event with almost 6 years under the belt, going from a beta conference at the Copenhagen Stock Exchange in 2013 to 4000 guests at Øksnehallen in 2018.
We aim to further tech entrepreneurship and innovation in Denmark as well as get Denmark and the Nordics on the map as an important European innovationshub. We are the annual event where everyone from the environment meet, celebrate the successes, learn from the failures, nurse established network and make new ones. Every strong entrepreneurial hub has its flagship event - and TechBBQ is ours.
As HR Manager you will play a vital role on the team, both helping to build the team and ensure a positive work environment for everyone involved, and also working closely with the management.
You’ll get to meet a lot of different people and expand your personal and professional networks.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and aiding in the hiring process of new team members
- Keeping track of resources in the team
- Arranging team building events and social gatherings for the team throughout the duration of the project
- Building and managing the volunteer corps in the days leading up to and during the event
- Facilitating the weekly status meeting for the team and ensure the status report document is always kept up-to-date
- Taking minutes at the status meeting
- Informing management of conflicts and negative tendencies within the team that might influence the work environment
- Drafting job postings and screen candidates as required
- Keeping track of timesheets and ensuring that people fill in their hours on a weekly basis
- Aiding the Project Manager in upholding the framework and structures within projects
We are looking for someone who:
- can handle a high level of work pressure (essential)
- is empathic and sympathetic
- has experience with HR and volunteer management (highly desired)
- can work minimum 20 hrs a week (essential)
- can keep track of 20-30 people on a daily basis and many more in the days up to and during the event
- can motivate, inspire, and lighten the mood while still taking tasks and responsibilities seriously
- has a passion for tech, innovation, entrepreneurship and events.
This is a volunteer position (10-20 hrs/week) with primary work hours being Monday to Friday 9-17 at our office in Copenhagen SV. The closer we get to the event, the more hours you will need to put in, and also working at least the weekend leading up to the event.