You’ll get to meet and learn from amazing people and accelerate yourself alongside super talented teams. The lucky candidate will work simultaneously on up to 10 challenging problems; supporting, advising and working with our startups on a day-to-day basis. You’ll be here to support their acceleration in a tangible, hands-on way. Think of it as an MBA you get paid to do. And you will work with IKEA, one of the worlds most valuable brands.
This is the perfect role for an experienced individual looking to work with exceptional entrepreneurs and leading edge startups at the heart of IKEA New Business & Innovation in Sweden! If you want to immerse yourself in the startup ecosystem, add value to startups and maybe even join one of the ten teams, this is your best bet.
You will be working with the 10 startups in IKEA Bootcamp to make their businesses great – this could range from an extra pair of hands within their team during a busy sprint, to a sounding board for strategic direction. Together with the IKEA Bootcamp team, you will work as a hit squad team to track the progress of each of the 10 startups and applying your collective knowledge to each business.
As EIR – Designer, your role is to support the startups hands-on with everything design – from UX and UI to marketing material and pitch decks. You will support several teams at the same time, helping them with both larger and smaller tasks to enable them to build fantastic products and services.
What you’re awesome at:
- You have a strong background in design and are proud to show us some of your previous work
- You are a creative mind, skilled in the design of various products
- You have a user-centric approach to developing and designing new products
- You’re enthusiastic about the international startup ecosystem and eager to become part of it
- You have an active interest and basic understanding of the tech world
- You are a great team player, but also able to work on projects autonomously
- You’re comfortable working on long term projects as well as ad hoc tasks with a fast turnaround
- You are ambitious, highly motivated and buzzing with energy
- You are super keen to learn fast and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves when needed
Our side of the bargain:
- A unique opportunity for you to leave your mark on multiple startups or even join one of our teams after the program
- A unique opportunity to work closely with IKEA, one of the most valuable brands in the world
- The perfect introduction to the international startup ecosystem
- Becoming a part of an amazing team
- Access to world-class mentors and experts to build your network and inspire
- Access to all exclusive program workshops
- Experience working in a dynamic and fast paced environment
Start: September 11, 2017
Contract type: Project employment/Contract based (3 months)
Location: Älmhult, Sweden