Donkey Republic, the global 24/7 self-service bike sharing system is looking for someone enthusiastic about micro-mobility to join its team. The person would preferably live in Utrecht, or in close proximity.
Donkey Republic is a Danish bike-sharing service expanding across Europe. We aim to turn the bicycle into the hero of urban mobility and a catalyst for more liveable cities, happier people, and a healthier environment. Furthermore we are adding more types of vehicles to our platform such as e-bikes, e-scooters etc. We are growing in The Netherlands and now looking for someone to lead our operations in Utrecht and across The Netherlands.
You will be based in Utrecht and be in charge of managing the operations in The Netherlands while contributing to communications with city representatives, civil servants, operations and marketing partners. You will work closely with our HQ based in Copenhagen through frequent online interaction as well as visits to our Copenhagen office.
Your work will involve keeping the Donkey bikes running in great condition and ensuring the Donkey Republic service is running smoothly and grows in Utrecht and The Netherlands. Furthermore, you will be managing a small team of fleet service assistants (Donkey “shepherds”). For your team, you will be in charge of coordinating routes, logistics, quality control and providing leadership.
Up to one-third of your work time can be spent on travels as you may be required to visit other cities in The Netherlands, Belgium etc. with a Donkey presence and support the local team there.
We expect you to:
- Be structured and organised
- Have experience running some kind of an operation
- Be a team player
- Have experience managing a team
- Be good at understanding and getting to know new IT solutions
- Be well-spoken
- Have a driver’s license
- Be value driven
- Be fluent in Dutch & English
We would also like you to:
- Want to change the world with bikes
- Have experience working with small businesses or startups before
- Be a bike enthusiast
- Ideally have some business development experience
- Have a good understanding of bicycles e.g. be able to do general repairs and maintenance of bicycles
What we can offer you :
- To be part of an ambitious investor-backed startup
- Making the world a better place through bikes
- Freedom to plan and organise your own day
Donkey Republic is a bike share service set out to revolutionise the way we transport ourselves. Our electronic lock is operated through the users smartphones which provide us the flexibility required to change the way bike sharing works. We work all over the world to spread the reach of Donkey Bikes.
The job starts as soon as possible and applications are acted upon immediately.