- Release testing of the solution (app and web portal)
- Maintaining and updating our customer support system
- Designing and drafting of app content
- Assisting in trainings and workshops for clinicians
- Assisting in product implementation in research projects and commercial clients
- Assisting in day-to-day tasks
What we offer
We offer you a fantastic opportunity to join a young company, where you truly have the ability to make an impact and help shape the future in an exciting field. Personal health technology and mHealth are booming markets worldwide. You will have the opportunity to join us on our quest to provide innovative solutions for disease management and treatment support and thereby reduce the burden of mental illness in society. Our informal, fast-paced environment will give you great opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
Desired skills and expertise
- Taking a degree in Digital Design, Psychology, Business, Communications, or other relevant programme. In any case, technical flair is required
- Service-minded and flexible approach to providing support to customers with varying levels of technical affinity
- Structured and well-organized way of working, with good attention to detail
- Good communication skills in English and Danish – orally as well as in writing
- Able to work independently, yet good interpersonal skills
- Preferably knowledge about mHealth, health technologies and/or mental health
- Experience with graphic design or video creation would be a plus
- Other major languages would be a plus
This is a full-time unpaid internship in Copenhagen, Østerbro, starting from February 2019 to July 2019 (starting date can be discussed).
For questions regarding this position contact Product Management and Implementation Consultant,
Marlene Heinzle, on +45 5279 5255 or e-mail: email@example.com
This internship is only available for students enrolled at a Danish university. To apply for this internship, please submit a Cover letter and your CV throught the Hub.