Donkey Republic is expanding and is seeking a talented individual for the Business Development team to join the family and help build our groundbreaking bike service. We are 15,000+ bicycles large, serving 300,000+ customers this year in 15 large and another 50 smaller cities in Europe. We operate 80% of our fleet, while partners operate another 20% - usually the smaller cities.
These are exciting times for Donkey Republic as we are maturing our bike sharing services and growing our business every day. We are making a great dent in the universe by growing the worlds’ bike-print. We demonstrate how bike shares can play a major role in urban mobility are bringing Copenhagen to the world city by city - a great purpose to come to work every day.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join us and one who believes success comes from working together well as a team, therefore you need to be a team player and thrive in an environment where we work towards shared goals.
You will be joining a small business team and working closely with our Chief Sales Officer to build our franchise business and spread the Donkey operations to more cities across the world. Your main tasks will be identifying and contacting prospects that are interested in purchasing and running a bike sharing system. This can be municipalities, public transportation providers or other independant companies and campuses. You will also manage the sales process from prospecting to closing the deal with clients.
We have a number of inbound leads which you will be engaging with to become ready to start a Donkey Republic operation while also optimizing and increasing the quality of incoming leads going forward. We also expect you to cultivate relations with potential operators by outbound sales and business development activities.
Together with the team you will be in charge of ensuring we hit our growth targets in terms of new franchise partners, bikes on the streets and revenue generated through selling the Donkey system. The job will entail significant traveling to mostly European cities, and also some travel outside of EU.
We expect you to:
- Be structured and organized.
- A strong communicator, written as well as oral.
- Be good at building relationships and trust.
- Be a team player.
- Love to interact with other people.
- Have a good understanding of business fundamentals (either from school or previous work experience).
- Have several years of experience in sales and business development successfully closing deals with large partnering companies (1000+ employees; $1bn+ revenue), and with public authorities,
- Be value driven.
- Be fluent in English (written and spoken).
We would also like you to:
- Have worked in transport / mobility industry before
- Have worked with startups, or young and dynamic businesses before.
- Want to change the world with bikes.
- Posses an international understanding.
What we can offer:
- Diversity! No two days will be the same and you will get valuable experience, taking responsibility and pushing your career to the next level.
- Diversity x2! The Donkey Squad contains a very tight group of talented people to learn from in marketing, technology, business development, customer support and operations, with 18 different nationalities.
- For this position, we expect that sales driven bonus can be an attractive part of the position; to be discussed.
- Be part of our growth. We’re investor-backed and expanding our business fast.
- A vibrant office in the city center
- Company lunch, Friday bars, team adventures (on bikes), company retreat twice yearly.