We’re looking for engineers who like dynamic client/agency projects, and who write and maintain extensible, well-tested code that can be easily handed off to customers. You are a great fit because you are kind, enjoy dialog, and have spent 5+ years as a developer. You have a strong understanding of some of our technologies, and have prior experience working with legacy code bases. You care about the end user of the product as much as the developer who will work on your code next. You don’t need to have a degree, or to have worked with all of our technologies before. If you’re strong with rails, and not with react, that is ok.
ABOUT THE WORK
As a senior software engineer, you will help us lead projects for clients from Maersk to Lego to Sennheiser. You’ll also be helping to shape our daily process and work: test driving new features, pairing with clients to refactor code, helping our sales team to scope the work that is scheduled, collaborating with designers to produce mocks that are technically informed, mentoring junior engineers, and experimenting with new technologies.
ABOUT THE TECH
ABOUT THE INTERVIEW
We like to keep it as short as possible while also getting to know each other. We expect to spend about 16 hours on you, and you to spend 8 hours on us.
- Initial Meet - coffee or phone chat to see if there’s mutual interest
- Basic skills & Career desires - 1.5 hour pairing session or take home task and conversation about your career
- Lunch & Coding - 3 hr morning or afternoon working with a real team
- Recap - exchange feedback with us
Your first 30 days
- Learn the nuts and bolts of our business and your new project
- Pair program with many members of the team to complete your first feature
- Participate in a planning meeting and a retrospective for your project
Within 90 days
- Participate in an scoping meeting to plan upcoming feature work
- Test drive the implementation of a feature, guide it through CI and automated deployment
- Pair with a designer to help guide creation of visual mocks
- Host a retrospective meeting for your team
Within 1 year you will
- Lead a project & make foundational technology decisions for the team
- Mentor junior engineers and help guide interviewing strategy
- Collaborate with management to help guide tech strategy for the upcoming year
Abtion is an equal opportunity employer. Should you need anything during the application process, please let us know. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities.
Are you interested in Abtion, but looking for a different position? We’re always open to chat! Drop us a line.