There’s still so much more we want to learn about at Trustpilot. What moves people to leave good reviews versus a bad review - and what do they need to be able to properly express themselves? What challenges do companies face when wanting to collaborate with their customers and learn from them?
We believe building great products starts with understanding our users. To first listen and reason about what users would like, and then to reverse-engineer what we should build. This requires good research, so we're looking for a seasoned Senior UX Researcher who will work closely with our UX designers (and the product teams they are embedded in) to empower them with the right insights at the right time.
You'll be collaborating closely with our product and design leadership to plan research efforts, identify knowledge gaps and make strategic and tactical recommendations that align with product development cycles for maximum impact. You will also contribute to building out our research practice and making it world class.
You are an inquisitive self-starter who is obsessed with understanding what makes people tick along with their behaviours and motivation. You are adept at synthesizing data and deploying insights that drive decisions and push behaviour change. Additionally, you have experience working at a macro level with managing research and collaboration with product teams.
- Responsible for overarching user research at Trustpilot - translating insights and trends into tactical and strategic recommendations
- Partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to identify insight needs and research opportunities, which will enable us to improve and create user-centric products in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Use a wide range of research methods (such as usability testing, contextual inquiry, diary studies, surveys, guerrilla research, participatory workshops, A/B testing analysis, etc), as appropriate for the questions we’re asking
- Synthesize results of research into concise and powerful learning and share broadly
- Develop compelling ways to communicate, socialize and promote research findings throughout the company to foster an informed, user-centred mindset
- Mentor and coach other UX team members and product management on research methods
- Help us build out the research function by establishing best practices, a toolbox for the research team, UX team and beyond, and promoting the power of research to the rest of the organisation.
- A minimum of four years of UX Research with strong knowledge of dual-sided digital platforms
- Previous experience growing/leading a team and helping it flourish
- Proven track record of conducting Strategic and Design Research projects.
- Anthropology, service design or equivalent experience in an Agile environment
- Experience mentoring in research methodologies
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods (qualitative and quantitative), including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Examples demonstrating your process and the impact of your work
- Demonstrated ability to structure research and build out research as a function.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile work environment
- Last but not least, you play nice, no egos!
- Opportunities to learn and develop your career in a fast-paced company
- 20% time - where you can use this time for innovation and self-development
- A chance to be a key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Great colleagues and a supportive work culture that you can believe in
- Great location in central Copenhagen
To apply for this position, please submit a CV and cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this job. If you have questions, please feel free to contact our Tech Recruitment Researcher, Nataliia Tolstikova, at email@example.com