Technology at Trustpilot underpins the organization, building and maintaining all of our products. It’s our mandate to think big, be agile, and have fun all the while. Ship fast and break things? Check. Friday gatherings? But of course. We also have 20% time, awesome team events, hackathons, full stack development and access to bleeding edge technologies.
As our new Technical Support Engineer, you are playing a key role within the organization as you will act as a bridge between our Product Teams and Support Team. Technical skills with strong problem solving, communication, business understanding, and management skills are all required to address customer issues, impact the product's evolution by providing feedback that can be integrated into future product development and proactively revise procedures and tools to improve overall customer satisfaction.
You will be joining an international team of smart & creative people who love to build products that make the world a better place! More precisely, you will be joining the Product Quality team who is supporting our Product Teams with test automation and product quality practices, tools & analytics.
The Role & Activity
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our products by ensuring a high level of cooperation with our Product Teams
- You will triage, diagnose, test, and replicate issues reported by Customer Support Agents
- Troubleshoot across different systems, search for patterns & find solutions to complex bugs
- When necessary, you will prioritize, mediate and escalate major production bugs
- Keep track of the incidents queue, their progress & resolution
- Act as a partner and a primary resource to Customer Support to accelerate resolution of the incoming production incidents
- Contribute to troubleshooting guidelines that could benefit Support or other teams
- Provide meaningful monthly reports within the team and to our internal stakeholders
- Spot weak points in our processes and tools, suggest and implement improvements
- Collaborate with the team on improving testing and test automation practices and coverage
- A technical or web-related educational background is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; attention to details
- 3-5 years of experience with technical support or similar background. Team Lead experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of APIs is a plus
- You communicate effectively via written and spoken language; comprehend problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information
- Share information and ideas with others; conscientious listener
- Passionate, curious and excited about software products
- Ability to work well independently
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- 20% time where you get to decide what projects to work on
- Autonomy and great influence of work processes, not just your own!
- A key part of an exciting international growth journey
- Great colleagues and a fun, social working environment
- Frequent Hackathons with our fantastic Development team
- Great location in central Copenhagen
If you think that this role is made for you, please send in your CV and application letter in English via our website and tell us why you would like to join us in this role. If you are selected for an interview, you will need to complete a product quality related assignment prior to your first interview.