TechBBQ is the largest and oldest tech entrepreneurship event with almost 7 years under the belt, going from a beta conference at the Copenhagen Stock Exchange in 2013 to 6600 guests at Øksnehallen in 2018.
We aim to further tech entrepreneurship and innovation in Denmark as well as get Denmark and the Nordics on the map as an important European innovationshub. We are the annual event where everyone from the environment meet, celebrate the successes, learn from the failures, nurse established network and make new ones. Every strong entrepreneurial hub has its flagship event - and TechBBQ is ours.
As TechBBQ’s new VIP Dinner Coordinator Assistant, you'll be an integral part of the team planning and executing the VIP dinners at TechBBQ 2019.
Your main task will be:
- "Own" and manage TechBBQ's Dinner guest lists,
- Manage invites.
Other tasks will include:
- Assist the Dinner Team and Event Team on a day-to-day basis
- Liaise with suppliers, partners, guests and sponsors
- Manage invites and guest list
- Coordination of side projects
Who you are:
- Can work with a minimum of instruction
- Good organisation skills
- Work well under high pressure, particularly as we get closer and on the event days
- Fluent in English, speech and writing (essential)
- Fluent in Danish, speech and writing (desired, but not essential)
- Previous event/dinner experienced.
- Hardworker and have a positive can-do-attitude
- People skills
- Structured, but still understand the organic and ever-changing nature of event coordination
On the event/dinner days (Sep. 16 - 19) you are expected to be present all day/evening. You will be on your feet for several hours, running around and putting out proverbial fires. But hey! That’s when all the hard work pays off.
This is a volunteer position, which can be converted to an internship. The expected hours you have to put in is 10-15 hrs/w.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a tight-knit team coming together to create something amazing
- Great hands-on experience and be part of scaling a major Scandinavian tech summit
- Experience working with a large-scale event and VIP dinners
- A great network within both the Danish and European startup scene
We expect you to be part of the team starting soon and up until after the event/dinners in late September. The closer we get to the event/dinners the more hours will be required, so evening and weekend work must be expected the last month - we require some flexibility from you and of course you can expect the same from us.
For more information Please contact