We aim to further tech entrepreneurship and innovation in Denmark as well as get Denmark and the Nordics on the map as an important European innovations hub. We are the annual event where everyone from the environment meet, celebrate the successes, learn from the failures, nurse established network and make new ones. Every strong entrepreneurial hub has its flagship event - and TechBBQ is ours.
As Project Manager/Event Manager, you will be an integral part of the management team guiding TechBBQ 2018 to success and have contact with a lot of different people - from industry leaders and entrepreneurs to investors and volunteers. You will work closely with the CxO and COO and different managers, so it’s important you can navigate in an environment with many stakeholders.
As Project Manager/Event Manager, your tasks will entail:
Coordination of events
- Setting up and keeping structures and framework for current and new projects.
- Liaise with our COO in keeping a constant overview and communicating it to all relevant stakeholders and teams in a timely and respectful manner
- Present the organisation and summit to potential stakeholders and partners
- Help the teams where and when possible with ad hoc tasks
We are looking for someone, who...
- Has experience with evnet or project management (desired)
- Is empathic, sympathetic and charismatic
- Can handle a high level of work pressure (essential)
- Can volunteer part-time or full-time
- Has experience in people management and networking (desired)
- Is structured and can build a framework for a large scale project
- Can keep an overview and still focus on details
- Has an interest in or passion for tech, innovation, entrepreneurship and events
- Fluent in English, speech and writing (essential)
- Fluent in Danish, speech and writing (desired, but not essential)
In return, we offer:
- A network of ambitious people, influencers, entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- The chance to help impact entrepreneurship in Denmark and the Nordics through a large scale flagship event
- Plenty of fun memories and experiences
- Responsibility with interesting challenges and a steep learning curve
- Being part of an international, young and driven team with different backgrounds and perspectives on entrepreneurship, tech, innovation and event management
- This is a volunteer(unpaid) position, which can be converted to an internship. The expected hours you have to put in is 15-20 hrs/w.
The closer we get to the event (September 17, 18 & 19th) the more hours will be required (we expect you to start as soon as possible), so evening and weekend work must be expected the last month - we require some flexibility from you and of course you can expect the same from us.